Monday, April 16, 2007

book review




i finished reading 'icing on the cake' by laura castoro on saturday morning...6 reviews on amazon gave it a average 5.5 star rating...hmmm, i thought it was not so great. i did like the fact that the main character, liz, was older but other than that the book really didn't grab me from the get go. maybe it was because i thought the book was going to be about cake (look at that cover!!) and it was actually about a bread bakery and an advertising company. if someone were to give you this book or you got it from the library, go ahead and read it...just don't waste your money buying it!
now, on to something better...happy reading!
~k

2 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

I agree with you, I guess you can't judge a book by its cover! I know that was way to corny.

rpm said...

Wow, if I had seen that cover, I would buy the book, too. It looks like it would be a great read...especially for lovers of cakes.