Thursday, March 29, 2007

happenings in girlville

last weekend i went to my parent's house and reclaimed a child's chair that was stored in their attic (yes, i've still got stuff at my parent's house)...this little green chair was one of many petite chairs in the various nursery & toddler sunday school class rooms at the church where i grew up. i can still remember these chairs and how colorful they were. i loved sitting in them on sunday mornings when i was young. i even remember my kindergarten sunday school teacher, ms. babs chappell - she always wore a hat to church and she was about a million years old. there was an old upright piano in her classroom she would play for us that was painted purple. she had lots of dress up clothes for us to play with. for some reason when i was in high school a group of church members decided to get rid of all these cute chairs so my parents and i took two of them. i think i'll go get the other one tonite and put it in the kitchen. i suppose sophie might like to 'sit' in it!

the husband thought i'd refinish it, but i really like the bright green. it makes for a good place to stack books and i even sat on it and still fit!

being that it's nearly easter, bunnies have invaded girlville. they are keeping me entertained with their musical talents...


or just sitting around looking 'pretty'.


hmm...something seems to be missing from this spot...(disregard the mess to the left, please)...what could it be?

~k

5 comments:

rpm said...

It's the chair, the chair is missing! You sure have a lot of cute bunnies. It's so fun to see the decorations!

Pam said...

What great memories! I have some fond Sunday School memories myself. Thats great that you were able to get two of those chairs. Oh, and don't feel bad, I still have loads of stuff at my parents' house too.

AM said...

You're missing your special project chair arent you? the one that you want to recover?

I LOVE that little green chair. SO CUTE. I have a little chair, but it is more like an old school chair, with the hard wooden seat. I bought it at a garage sale for $5 a LONG time ago. Maybe I should do something with it...

girlville said...

yep, the chair is off to the reupholstery shop! i should have it back in a week or so...

Magnolia Sun said...

I love the little green chair and love all your bunnies.

Can't wait to see the "new" chair.