Friday, March 23, 2007

chair update

for any of you following the girlville chair saga here is the final update until the big reveal of the finished product. i'm done with my part (ok, truth...the husband is done with my part) and the upholstery man will be picking it up next week.


ripped to shreds (i did this part)

primed (the husband's handywork)

painted (the husband)

i'm eager to get it off to be recovered so i can see what it's going to turn out to be. we're going thrifting at lunch today to look for a companion piece of furniture to go beside the chair and hold lots of stuff. buying new furniture is pretty much a foreign concept to me as i like to 'recycle' things as much as possible plus i detest furniture stores (and i live in the furniture capital of the world!). so i've got my fingers crossed i'll find something today...

~k

5 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

I can't wait to see what it's going to look like. I hope you find something to go with it, good luck.

rpm said...

You should have enlisted the three kitties there to help in the shredding of the chair! Did you have to "sand" the legs before painting them? I'm excited to see the finished chair. I bet you find a lot of good furniture finds up there where you are.

girlville said...

rpm, yes the husband sanded the legs first i'm sure. we've got TONS of furniture stores here in our city or can make the short trip to highpoint for even more options. i could probably count on one hand the number of NEW pieces in our house - we 'shop' at our parent's attics and thrift stores ;-)
~k

the husband said...

Yes, I did sand the legs to remove the finish so the primer would adhere to the wood. I think the material and angle of the picture make the legs look pinker than they acutally are. The color is called Raspberry Truffle but the picture looks more like Strawberry Shortcake.

rpm said...

Hello to the husband of Girlville! I was wondering what the color was because it did look pinker than red but not quite pink or red. I can't wait to see what fabric K chose and the finished product.