Monday, February 19, 2007

pictures from the weekend

last thursday nite i recovered a pillow for a friend. here it is on my bed, i absolutely love the fabric:

a local artist painted this sign for me for 'girlville'. i picked it up last week and the husband hung it up for me friday nite:


he also finished making a wine cube to hold our ever growing wine collection:
we did our normal grocery shopping/supertarget run on friday nite (after hitting trader joe's at lunch). on saturday i watched billy elliot (5 stars i give it) and worked on the husband's afghan. the freezer was getting bare so i cooked spaghetti and meatballs, turkey chili and a harry and david soup mix (hearty vegetable) and made oatmeal toffee cookies. on sunday a friend came over to watch the race and i made nachos for dinner. today it was back to work but i leave you with a rare charlie sighting:

~k

4 comments:

rpm said...

Sounds like a yummy weekend at your house. I love the girlville sign! Who is your favorite driver? It was an exciting race. Good job on that pillow!

Pam said...

Oh I LOVE that pillow fabric! Inspiring me to finally cover a few of the body pillows I have stashed in the closet.

girlville said...

pam, it is a 'body pillow' and it had pretty much 'died'. i had to add lots more stuffing to it. but sewing it was SO easy. took about 30 minutes.

rpm, no favorite driver currently. however, mark martin was my favorite (when he was 'full time') and i desperately wanted him to win on sunday. my stomach was literally in knots.

Magnolia Sun said...

I know what you mean about the race - very exciting.

I LOVE your pillow and your sign.