Thursday, February 15, 2007

books

i just got an email alert from barnes & noble that 2 of my favorite authors have books coming out in april!! paula deen's new book isn't a cookbook it's more of a memoir. info on it can be found here. the book comes out april 3rd.


another of my favorite southern authors, dorothea benton frank's latest novel will be released april 10th (apparently books are released on tuesdays!). the land of mango sunsets is described here.


both books will be perfect reading for my beach vacation at the end of april!

~k

5 comments:

Pam said...

Oh Cool!! I didn't know Paula had a book coming out. I'm going to add that one to my list.

Magnolia Sun said...

Thanks for sharing, I love Dorothea Benton Frank and have read all her books.

girlville said...

y'all i'm so excited about these books! both authors came to a local bookstore for readings last summer but i didn't go (paula came while i was at the beach). i am SO hoping they will do book tours for these and come back here! when paula comes it is SO crowded.

magnolia sun, i've read all of her books too!

rpm said...

Yea! I'm glad you gave us the heads-up on those books. They sound like good reads. Do you go to the beach in Florida? NC? SC? GA? or AL?

girlville said...

rpm, we use to always go to the beach here in nc but the in-laws became partners in a condo at myrtle beach a few years back so we have the opportunity to go there 8 weeks a year and pretty much stick to that since it's free!