Wednesday, January 24, 2007

busy, busy, busy

i've got a busy nite tonite! first the husband and i will be going to a local petsmart to do our spca volunteering. for 2 years now we have been volunteers for our spca and in addition to the major events thru out the year we go to the petsmart every other wednesday and the second friday of the month to take care of the cats available for adoption that are housed there. petsmart graciously allows a rescue group to house cats at each location in our area. the spca happens to have the petsmart close to our house which makes this very convenient for us. we love them, pet them, hold them, tidy up their cages, etc. it's a very rewarding experience especially when one goes to their new 'home.' at first i had a hard time and wanted to take them all home with me and would get all upset and have to go to chick-fil-a or goodberry's on the way home. now i've gotten over that and know that they all will eventually find their forever home.

after volunteering i'm heading to williams-sonoma at the mall for a soup cooking class with a friend. i've never taken a cooking class of any sort before so it should be interesting. at the very least i'm going to get to taste some different soups and get the recipes! have any of you ever taken a cooking class?

3 comments:

rpm said...

OH, I can't wait to hear what you think of the cooking class. I have not been to a cooking class, but while in San Francisco one time we ate at the San Francisco Culinary Institute for lunch and it's all done by the students. Too bad I didn't like what I got for lunch that day...a sausage of all things. I don't know what I was thinking. That is so nice you get to work with the cats needing a home. I really think we will get a cat once our pugs have passed on but I want to either foster a pug or adopt an old pug so I have to make sure the pug and a cat will get along.

Pam said...

I've never taken an actual cooking class but I did go through the Wilton Cake Decorating courses. Does that count? ha. I look forward to hearing about it though. I *heart* soups.

I know how you feel about the kitties. I volunteer with Siamese Rescue and it is really hard sometimes. However, it is really rewarding to hear about them finding their forever homes and seeing pictures of them with their new family. Kudos to you for volunteering. =)

girlville said...

rpm, that's too funny about your sausage lunch at the sf culinary institute. was that the only offering of the day? i'm sure you will be able to find a senior foster pug and a cat that will get along; however, i hope that it's no time soon cause you current pugs are just so cute!

pam, yes wilton cake decorating counts! i've always said i was going to take those courses but just continue to tinker and be a 'self taught' cake decorator. glad to hear you are a volunteer too! it is a very rewarding experience.